Healdsburg is one of the most visited cities in Sonoma County’s wine country. Located at the juncture of three of Northern California’s major wine growing regions – the Russian River Valley, Dry Creek Valley, and Alexander Valley – Healdsburg makes the perfect base for a wine-tasting expedition.
There are at least 19 tasting rooms in Healdsburg, featuring some of the best wines in all of Sonoma County. Complementing these is a wide array of excellent restaurants, as well as stunning countryside vistas and a charming town square marked by historic buildings.
Located just 90 miles from San Francisco with a population of around 11,200, Healdsburg is a bustling community with numerous local businesses catering to both locals and tourists. Combining sophisticated lifestyle options, breathtaking views, and a rich cultural heritage, Healdsburg consistently makes it to lists of the best small towns and most livable cities of America.
Healdsburg, Sonoma County Real Estate
Some of the most desirable and luxurious homes in all of Sonoma County are found here in Healdsburg. Sitting on large acreages with overlooking views of rolling green hills and lush vineyards, these homes boast top-of-the-line features and amenities, such as swimming pools, chef’s kitchens, and immaculate landscaping. Seamless outdoor-indoor living is a paramount feature of these homes.
Most homes in Healdsburg have custom architecture and come in a wide range of styles, including Craftsman, mid-century ranch, and early 20th century cottages. You’ll also find a few excellently-preserved Victorian-era manors.
If you’re looking for more affordable options, you will love Healdsburg’s older regular-size homes that have been updated with the latest finishes and features. There are also quite a few new developments that offer charming tract homes in customizable floor plans.
Condos and townhomes are also gaining popularity in Healdsburg, and they come in a wide range of sizes and prices. High-end properties include two to three-unit townhomes with hilltop locations, providing spectacular views of the countryside.
Schools in Healdsburg
Healdsburg is served by the following school districts:
- Alexander Valley Union Elementary
- Healdsburg Unified School District
- West Side Union Elementary
There are also several private schools in the city.
Employment in Healdsburg
As a top wine-growing city, Healdsburg has a strong agriculture sector that also serves as a major employer. The majority of Healdsburg residents have jobs in management, business, science, and the arts, services, and sales.
Lifestyle in Healdsburg
- Healdsburg residents enjoy a healthy lifestyle with plenty of outdoor opportunities. Healdsburg Ridge features picturesque trails and forests where you can go hiking and biking. The city maintains several parks and recreation facilities. Healdsburg Golf Club at Tayman Park provides players with an excellent venue for the sport.
- The wining-and-dining scene in Healdsburg is simply unparalleled. This foodie haven boasts some of the finest restaurants in the region, serving various cuisines and farm-to-table fare. In addition to the city’s 19 tasting rooms, more than 60 wineries and acres of vineyards surround Healdsburg, making wine-tasting here a new experience each time.
- Healdsburg town square features historic and modern buildings that house an eclectic array of shops, restaurants, and hotels. Live performances happen here every night, and the city’s annual jazz festival and numerous wine and food events also take place in the town square.
- Healdsburg has a lively arts and culture scene. The monthly Healdsburg Artwalk showcases the works of local and guest artists in more than 20 galleries. The Healdsburg Museum and Historical Society features exhibits on the history of the city and its neighbors.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.